Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ben Manglona, past Tinian Mayor, dies

Terri was called early this morning for an emergency--the ambulance was coming in to the clinic with Ben Manglona. He had gotten up this morning, as usual, and said he felt good. A short time later, he said he didn't feel good, and collapsed.

He was rushed to the clinic, where Terri worked to revive him... Ben died early this morning, of unknown causes.

Ben was our landlord, and was one of the first people of Tinian we met. He was also one who kindly helped us assimilate into the culture here, and helped us find a place to live.

His son Julian died just a few months ago, so this is another terrible blow to the Manglona family.

Both Terri and I send our thoughts and prayers to the Manglona family, at the death of their Patriarch.

4 comments:

Jennifer Asplund said...

I'm so sorry. What a horrible blow! Our condolences to you, his family, and all affected by his passing.

Anonymous said...

This is very sad news for us. Ben and Rita were very close friends of my wife, Beverly. Beverly first met them when she first came to Tinian over 19 years ago. He will be greatly missed by everyone. Our condolences to his family.

Sister Delia said...

My sympathy to Mom Rita. We include them in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Aloha. My name is Noel and I live in Hawaii. Patrick[1 of the deceased sons] became a good friend of mine in fact he is like a brother of mine[No matter what happened]. I still remeber when Patrick called me about the sudden death of Julian I was shocked. Then more shocking when he left a message on my voice mail to call him right away. When I called him back he was sobbing on the phone and said that his dad just passed away. I was shocked. Right in that moment I drove to his barracks and pick him up went to a restaurant and talked about it. Before any of these sad incidents Patrick always telling me to go visit Tinian so that I can meet his family but I always told him "soon". This is how
he showed he care and I am glad he really does. My condolences to the whole family. My prayers to my Brother Julian and his Dad. How I wish I met them before they left us but I am sure they are in heaven watching us forever. God Bless to the whole family. And Brother Patrick "hey dude give me a call" and regards to everybody.
Love always,
Noel Utrera