Monday, January 5, 2009

The New Year begins

Perhaps the best way to start the New Year is to remember what will make the coming year a good one: Keeping the commandments of God!

Universal justice--Karma--can be either a terrible master or a window into heaven.

If we act against our own conscience, and sin, there are, and will always be, consequences. What goes around does, eventually, come around! And when it does, it can crush a person.

On the other hand, if we simply follow that 'still small voice' inside of us, and do good, then it can and does open up the windows of heaven to us! Why? Because what goes around comes around, and when the wheel of justice moves our direction, and we have been good, then, instead of crushing us with the consequences of our sins, it blesses us, lifts us up, and brings light and knowledge from the source of eternal truth. It is actually that simple!

There is a reason these commandments have born the test of time--they actually work. For thousands of years they have been the model for civilized societies. No one of intelligence and wisdom can refute the simple logic and goodness behind these laws! Why? Because the fact is, that living these laws actually works. They have been time-tested and proven by men and women for thousands of years. And, if it ain't broke, why fix it? Why re-invent the wheel?

The nice thing about living on a small island is that one has lots of friends... Although my friends, for some reason, always tend to run away when I come to say hi!? Perhaps I have bad breath...

The ferry as just heading around the point on its way to Saipan when I reached the crest of the hill. I waved, but I don't think they saw me...

I can see that someone was good last year... because Santa obviously came to their home! I think the little girl was still camping out when I walked by (I assume it was a girl--pink, you know?). What more could one ask... a new home AND a car (wagon)!

Roadwork begins again, now well past the Catholic church...

and heading downhill towards the dock.

Even the baby Jesus made it through the holidays without incident!

Although the Trade Winds have come, and have tried to make the Mayor's Christmas greeting a flying kite... although it didn't go too far.

By the way, congratulations to Representative Sablan-- the very first Congressional representative from the CNMI! He will be a 'non-voting' delegate (I'm still not sure what that means), but I'm sure he will do a lot of good representing the CNMI to the US Congress. Good luck!

No comments: