Saturday, March 1, 2008

Wonderful Pictures of Tinian!


For those who are interested, my daughter Elizabeth has set up a website for her pictures of Tinian (among the other things she has done). She is trying to pick about 10 pictures to use for postcards and would like some feedback as to what people would actually buy as a postcard. If you go to her website, you can view the pictures and vote for your favorite ones.
The website is: elizabethclawson.com

In addition, she intends to create a 'picture tour' book of Tinian, using these, and other pictures taken while visiting us in January.

Both Terri and I are also redoing our websites. I have a new book coming out soon and want to make sure my website is up to date and functioning well.

It is raining like crazy, and has been for most of the weekend, so Terri and I have been working on computer stuff instead of our usual swim or snorkel.

2 comments:

Msk on the Road said...

What a lovely place you have found to spend your time. I have lived in the northern states for entirely too long. How did you decide to go in search of an island?

Anonymous said...

I am a physician assistant, and I was in search of a remote area in which to use my medical skills. I kept checking with the National Health Service Corps, a government agency which promotes service in underserved areas. One day while perusing their job openings, I noticed one entitled Tinian MP. Couldn't imagine what MP was as I knew that these jobs had to be located in the US. Googled it and found that MP belonged to the Northern Mariana Islands (used to be known as Micronesia Protectorate, hence MP). There was a job here and one in American Samoa. A little voice in my head told me that Tinian was the place for me. I emailed in November 2006, came for a visit in May 2007 and started work in September of last year. I am thrilled to have found this island. The people are as wonderful as the island is beautiful and I have seen such medicine I would have never seen in one place had I stayed in the states. I absolutely LOVE it here.