Saturday, March 1, 2008

A walk in the village





It has been rather rainy lately, so I have been keeping to the village while walking. I discovered a street that I had not yet walked, and a couple of interesting homes. Many of the homes have shrines of some kind in their front yards, a tribute to the island's spiritual leanings. Most people on the island belong to a church of some kind, and almost all are open to talking about religion and God. As I am High Priest in my own religion, and spend a lot of my time writing about religious themes, I feel right at home here.

On one corner there was a small chapel, with just enough room for one person to step inside. I wanted to go inside, but was not sure whether it was a public or private chapel.

1 comment:

bigsoxfan said...

I'm sorry Kevan, but your post on "flowering Tinian" did me in.. Your blog is dead to me, as I am missing the beauty of the island I never found the time to visit.

On my side, I've landed a job here in UB and plan to send the missus and baby back to the islands for a visit this summer. Ah! To watch my son dig his toes in warm sand.

Thanks for the flower pictures, we both miss the warm blossoms. Mark