Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Life and death must be pondered

After the Korean tragedy, my walk this morning was full of thoughts of life and death... It seemed as though I saw signs of both more than usual...

The home next to the High School now has a roof; although it looks as though they may be putting another level on the building, as there are rebar coming out of the top of the concrete roof slab.

I had not noticed that, as part of the clinic 'sprucing up', they had placed lots of potted plants in the front of the building!

Here is the tree

and here is the flower

Here is the bush

and here is the flower

There seems to be lots of flowers coming out this time of year

It's hard to believe that this beautiful bird will soon have to fight to the death...

A fishing line in hung to dry in the morning sun

Fruit is found on almost every tree

Flowers on every bush

Even bushes that seem to be just large weeds...

Have a hidden beauty!

Everywhere one turns, life comes back...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kevan -

I enjoy your plant pictures. I remember thinking how spectacular some of them were during my days with the 374th during WWII.

Keep the blogs coming!

Joe Lawler