Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A day at Spider beach























Today Terri and I went to Spider beach again to snorkel, swim, sunbath, and look for seaglass. The beach is very secluded, and guarded my thousands of spiders (hence the name, so bring your spider-stick!), has a small but beautiful beach, and has some of the best snorkeling we have found--lots of different kinds of coral formations and a chance to see turtles.

It was a beautiful day, but the ocean was rather rough. We swam around, keeping closer than usual to shore due to the high waves and current, but, as usual, the snorkeling was wonderful. There were lots of blue starfish today, for some reason.

This morning Terri was working on a presentation she is giving about the Tinian Hospital (more to come later, I'm sure); and I was doing a final edit on my newest book about my grandmother Irene Staples. If everything goes well, we should be sending the book to the printers sometime the first of March.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Terri and Kevan! Dropping by to say "Hi!"

I saw your entry at Technorati tag of blue starfish. We also have a photo of a blue starfish in our blog :) The spider beach looks wonderful.

Have a great week!