Saturday, April 12, 2008

Finally, the upper Carolinas!









































Finally made it up to the upper Carolinas. What a hike! The road leading to the small subdivision is incredibly steep. I walk up the hill to the Airport quite easily now, but walking up this steep road, I had to stop and catch my breath two or three times.

The homes here are generally much nicer, and larger, than the ones in the lower valley--nothing much changes about that kind of thing, even here on Tinian...

There is a water tower at the highest point above the subdivision. I was surprised that, even here in a well developed subdivision, there were few homes for the amount of land available. Many of the nice paved streets were empty except for a few homes--just empty lots waiting for someone to build on.

I must say, though, there were some very nice homes up on this hill overlooking the Marpo Valley! many have breathtaking views of the village, the valley, Marpo Heights, and, of course, the ocean. The only downside is the time and distance to get up there.

With springtime here, the island is alive with flowers and beautiful plants and trees. Hard to believe it can become more beautiful, but there you are!



It was quite a long hike--over 5 miles, and I was quite spent when I got home.

No comments: