Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy birthday to me

Yesterday was my birthday (#56), so Terri, Ramon and I went to Fleming for dinner at their hibachi grill. Ramon, the great chef, had made me a birthday cake!


Work continues on Broadway at the new median planters. After spending a week or so removing all the long grass that had grown in the planters, brother Cruz here is starting to re-plant grass to fill-in under the bushes. This grass, however, is called Japanese grass--a very short ornamental grass that is low maintenance. Cruz told me that they get the grass from several places around the island, near the beaches.


Soon this major maintenance problem--this long grass has grown back just since last week...


will soon be replaced by this short ornamental grass--once it fills-in!


They have also started what I assume will be a new light pole at the south end of the planters

We were also given a lot of bananas as a gift...now I just have to figure out new dishes to put all the bananas in! Let's see...banana lasagna anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not a new light pole - a time, temp, date pole.

Kevan said...

Wow, how cool! We are moving up in the world.