Monday, May 18, 2009

Putting ads on Tinian Times?

I have recieved an offer to put an ad from a travel agency on our site.
We would be paid for anyone who clicks on their ad and goes to their site.
We would also be paid a second time if they purchase anything from that site.

IF we decided to do this, any and all money would be given to a Tinian Charity
(we would let you know how much and which charity)

There are lots of pros and cons:

The pros:

1. we can make money to be given back to Tinian
2. we would provide a service to those who desire to visit Tinian
3. this might increase the number of people who visit the site, and therefore, the number who get to know Tinian.

The Cons:

1. ads tend to distract from the content of the blog
2. this might decrease the number of people who visit the site, and therefore, the number who get to know Tinian.

I would be interested to know people's thoughts and comments!
Should we put ads on the site or not?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anthing to expand and diversify your services or site even a little bit will be valuable. I just found this blog recently and regardless of future "distractions", your writing and art with pictures of back home are what draw me back. An ad from a travel agency (with hopefully very competitive rates) will just be a bonus for me and my family. Best wishes on your decision!

Kim Griesemer said...

Yes!

Hermana Griesemer

Anonymous said...

Hi..

I am not sure where to get assistance.
I want to visit Tinian.
I am a Filipino.. Live in a suburb of NY.

Regards,



Ariel G.

Pat Gilmore said...

Go for the gold!

Anonymous said...

His Bang-up act in the fashion diligence has of internal variance in the markets that are located in the Parts
other than Europe. Overall, the routine of choices out
On that point of fashion Marriage Sherwani, pyjama and a stole
to be hanged all around neck.
My homepage ... fashion rings