Thursday, May 7, 2009

The joys of living on Tinian

Terri, Liz and I decided to go for a swim, and joined a group of people already at the beach

Here is Terri and Liz making their way out into the deep blue, er, turquoise, sea... I think Liz was playing hide and seek, or something?

The Suicide Memorial on the east side of the island is a great drive, has beautiful views, and wonderful monuments to those who have died on Tinian.




I never get tired of the view from the Scenic Overlook

Along with adding a small addition to the store, they are also revising the roof so that both sides match... I think...

We took advantage of the last day of the Tinian Fiesta by getting our dinner there.

There were lots of places to eat, and I left for home with my arms full of good food!

Liz and I took a scooter ride one afternoon and discovered some old WWII ordinance

We also found some new roads I had never been down before

We even discovered some new roads right by the airport that I never knew were there!

This road almost looks like one of the old WWII runways, only this is by the current airport

Then we followed a fence-line road for what seemed to be forever (hoping that it wasn't a dead-end!




We finally ended up on one of the old WWII roads that the Seabees had built, that runs west to Fleming Point! It was a great adventure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful! What are the animals in the road? Pigs?