Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tinian Pictures Taken May 2007

You know how you look at postcards and wonder how much airbrushing was done before they printed them? This is a 100% unretouched photo taken from Taga Beach looking to the east on the south shores of Tinian. Think warm and crystal clear water. Think every color of blue you've ever seen! I have NEVER spent time on such marvelous beaches. That alone was worth the trip. And just think, I'll be living just one block from these glorious beaches (you may all be jealous now)!

While I was searching for everything "Tinian" I could find, Tinian Health Center was not among them. So, here is a picture of the Tinian Health Center taken at dawn. Early morning is an absolutely great time to take a walk around town. This is where you will find me should you ever be in town. We're a clinic, emergency room, and acute-care facility, so someone is there 24/7.

And here is my new work family. The second day of my visit, we ran an immunization drill for the CNMI public health department. We immunized 1078 people in 4 hours! What an accomplishment and boy was it HOT! But you know what? Those 4 hours were some of the best hours I've spent. I was involved, medically engaged, and it was everything I have ever wanted in medicine. Just think! I got to meet 1078 people, all of whom I hope to serve.

Can't wait to get back!



No comments: