Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Searching Tinian

I was given the assignment to try to find someone's farm; and, I am still trying to find the flower that everyone was discussing; so I climbed up the Carolinas today. This is a picture looking from there across to Marpo Heights.

As usual, I was able to find some beautiful flowers along the way!

And some interesting trees

The homes where I thought the flower had been, had wonderful flowers, but not the one I was looking for!






Trying to find a specific farm on Tinian is difficult. There are no road signs, or house signs. I asked what few people I could find in order to locate the Alden farm. I was directed to this location. Some of the pictures look like what was described, while others do not. So I don't know if I got the right place!



This is the driveway that goes down to the pig-pen, and a very nice guard dog.



The only ones at home were the pigs...

And the dog--that didn't bark at me! Maybe he was lonely?


On the way back I found some children playing outside the Grace Christian School


And across the street were some children learning to ride tricycles



Terri and I decided to take a break and go swimming. As usual, we had the beach to ourselves.

5 comments:

Trent said...

Sorry for the runaround, okay from the Arkle residence, follow the gravel road from the cross intersection then take the first left. Once you make that left, it's gonna be the fourth farm on the left of that same road. George Borja's farm (my dad)..good luck :)

Kevan said...

Does that mean that the pictures I took were of the Arkle residence?

Now I'm really confused!

However, I was asking for the Alden farm, so perhaps if I ask for the Borja's farm it will go better !

Trent said...

Yes, ask for George Borja's farm and they will tell you..My dad works at the amphitheater that's being built. Good luck and thanks again..take care...:)

Trent said...

You know what! I think I remember you guys..you and your wife came to my wife's (Kaiza Cabrera) farewell party at Kammer beach..she used to work at THC as a Medical Referral Asst..my wife said that Mr. Kevan did the prayer before we ate that night. I think you guys were not employed by THC yet until August 07 if am not mistaken. Maybe Vivian Hofs. might have pictures of that night. Well, take care now.

Kevan said...

Yes, that was us! Terri was still waiting for her contract to be signed (she stared sometime in Sept.). And I did say the prayer at that occasion (I am a High Priest, so that kind of thing comes easy to me!)

I will do my best to get some more pics for you.