Monday, April 27, 2009

Looking for Pen and Ink artist

I have just finished the manuscript for my next book:

The Enhanced New Testament

It consolidates interesting quotes from hundreds of ancient manuscripts that related to the people, places, and events described in the New Testament.

When our Bible was created, the scholars that put it together had hundreds of books, letters, and other writings to choose from. Out of this large group of writings, they chose a few to be the most credible, and authentic, to include in the Bible.

All of those other books and letters and Christian and Jewish literature is still available for those who are interested. I have researched much of the literature that was not included in the Bible, and gleaned excerpts from them that I found interesting, and that I felt 'enhanced' my understanding of our New Testament.

The reader will be able to read the actual quote from the ancient writer or historian, and decide for themselves if it adds to, or detracts from their understanding of the people, places, and events in the New Testament.

As part of this new book, I am including pictures and information concerning Solomon's Temple, that Herod re-built at the time of Christ.

I am looking for a pen and ink artist that would be able to: 1) draw a depiction of Solomon's Temple, and 2) draw a layout of the site (an overhead 'blueprint' showing all the courts and rooms, etc.).

All of the information can be gathered from the Internet.

I would prefer to use a local artist from the CNMI, as this will give them not only money for their work, but exposure by being published.

If anyone knows an artist that might be interested, have them email me:

kclawson@walkingthelinebooks.com

No comments: