Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The garden of Mina Conner

Roofing work continues in the Broadway Estates, as the crews work through the various homes, and repair the concrete roofs




This is Mina (short for Formina) Conner. I have often admired her garden on my daily walks, and today she happened to be outside working hard to improve her already beautiful yard.


I assume that this was once a grinding stone used by the women of Tinian to grind meal for flour?

You can tell by the grass that we are in desperate need of rain!


Mina also has some beautiful hanging flowers on her porch in the backyard


These are pomegranates! I have read about them in Greek mythology... but have never seen them 'in the wild'!

She told me what this beautiful fruit was... but my Chamorro is a bit lacking...

The lack of rain is really having an effect on the island. No wonder we had a fire...

No matter where you go, you can almost always get a peek at the ocean.

Here is one home that needs a little work on their metal roof! I'm not sure the concrete block on the roof is going to help a lot in a storm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mina your garden is beautiful
Judy P in NZ