Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Flame trees

No, this is not a flame tree...

Nor this...
This is the new underwater cover I got for my camera. I can't wait to try it snorkeling and/or scuba diving! Now, as long as it doesn't leak and ruin my camera...

We have a great new window in our apartment, next to our bed. With the breeze that comes through this window, we seldom have to use our air conditioner!

Now this is a flame tree! When the sun hits it just right, it makes it look like it is on fire!


Some of the flame trees still struggle, perhaps with the lack of rain (although we did finally have quite a storm the other night).

With all the wind we have had recently, I always worry about the homes that are built using metal siding.


1 comment:

meg said...

The Flame tree is also called a Royal Poinsiana. When I worked in Key Largo they was a beautiful one right on the property.