Monday, March 23, 2009

Roosters

There are hundreds of roosters on Tinian. Some are bred for cock-fighting, while others are just part of the flocks of chickens that roam around the island. Our family always laughs when we are talking on the phone with them, and they hear a rooster crow! In this day and age, on the Mainland, it is a strange sound indeed!





Some prince or princess built a castle here on Tinian...

Most gardens have some little gnome or sacred image hidden among the flowers

I met Jasper and Jasper II on my walk today. Jasper II is his father's only son, 10 months old, and obviously the pride of his father's eye!

The new addition to this home on Marpo Heights has what I assume are solar water heaters on the roof!






This is a strange shrub I don't think I have seen before

One can always find part of Tinian's past hidden in the jungle




No comments: