Friday, August 22, 2008

My trip to Utah

Here I am in my booth at the LDS book convention in Salt Lake City, Utah


You can see we had a problem... notice that all of the people are gathered in front of the booth next door to mine? They were from Utah Truffles, and were giving away free samples... On the other hand, they did slow down long enough for me to persuade them to look at my books!


The day before I left Utah I attended a Pennsylvania Mission reunion. Sister Pinnock, the wife of our late mission president, was there (it was held at her home for convenience), and I met a few of the missionaries I served with during my two years as a missionary in Pennsylvania. Pictured above is Sister Pinnock, and Brother and Sister Braegger from Willard Utah.


This is Elder Brad Larsen. He was Elder Braegger's companion in Philly. My companion, Elder Tilley, and I often worked with them and exchanged partners for the day. He looks the same as he did 30+ years ago!

I am finally back on Tinian-- happy to be home. However, it was a very successful trip for me and worth the travel, for several reasons:


My new book I was introducing into the market was a great success, and I even was interviewed on a local radio program! It can still be heard by going to ksl.com, clicking on Radio, then on podcasts, then on 'People of Faith' with Carole Mikita, dated August 17, 2008.

Also, our daughter Elizabeth has introduced a line of Tinian post cards that will be available on the island. I brought back a box of the post cards with me when I returned to Tinian. They are on sale at Flemings Store.

And, of course, I was able to see family and friends.

No comments: