Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The cemetary in the morning

The Tinian cemetery hit by the morning sun:






The newly rebuilt Northern Marianas college extension bld.

Fields of flowers are coming into bloom.



I often pass government employees cutting the roadside grass. They are always courteous and stop the blade as I move by, so I won't be hurt by flying debris.


Youth begin learning how to play soccer.

I walked west today and passed by the cemetery. It continues to be one of my favorite places on Tinian. It is keep clean and neat, and the graves are well-kept. It is a tribute to the people living on Tinian-- the honor and respect they show to their ancestors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kevan for recognizing and making that comment "the honor and respect of our ancestors". I am really glad that you picked that up because they are the ones responsible for who we are today, and your statement really depicts the Chamorro culture. I am a local guy who frequents your site...I never really appreciated the beauty of our island until I came back from being in Or. & Hi for 7 years. Going over your site and reading your comments gives me a new set of eyes in looking at Tinian from your perspective. Again, Dangkulo na Si Yu'us Ma'ase for sharing the beauty of Tinian with the rest of the world...through your eyes. (I honestly never took the time to look at the different "beautiful" gardens you depict on your site.