Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A trip to the Airport










Today I decided to walk to the airport. This meant climbing 'the hill' and going up over the high point where you can see Saipan. Then turning west about a half mile to the terminal. Walking is getting easier, and there are the beneficial side effects--I have lost 20 lbs since moving to Tinian!

The weather has been very unpredictable lately. We had a great weather weekend, but yesterday it rained all day, sometimes incredibly hard. In fact, Terri was on call again and had to go to the hospital...in the rain. So she put on a rain jacket and pants, and took the scooter. Then the sky opening up again. When she came back in, even with rain gear, she was soaked!

Today was similar. Chance of rain...I made it to the airport, but on the way back, got caught in the rain. It was amazing how quickly the sky can change from a bright blue sky with wispy white clouds, and suddenly the wind picks up, towering clouds rise-up from the ocean, and rain moves in. I was fortunate to find a shelter from the rain, where I waited for the weather to change again. In a few minutes the storm blew over and I completed my walk.

No comments: