Thursday, November 15, 2007

Tinian Beach Flora































Today I explored the area around Tinian beach. This is a very secluded beach, that has its entrance right in front of the city dump...probably why not many people go there. However, there is a long dirt road to the beach, so once there, there is no sight or smell of the dump.

The beach is very nice, but there are lots of rocks once you go into the water. During my walk to the beach I noticed an unusual number of flowers and/or flowering vines. So, for those interested in the local flora, I have included a few pictures.

1 comment:

bigsoxfan said...

Hi, took a good look at your blog today and enjoyed the stroll around Tinian with you. I lived on Saipan for two years and never made it over to the southern cousin, my loss. Thanks for showing me what I missed, Tinian will be on my next trip through.
I noticed one of you or both wrote; your parents were in Mongolia. My wife and I are living a block from the LDS center in eastern Ulan Baatar. Her parents and a brother and sister belong to the church in Erdenet. I must say the young people working as missionaries here, as well as the ones I met on Saipan, are exceptional young people. On occasion, we talk on the street or my brother in law brings a couple over to the apartment. Speaking English with a native english speaker is quite a difference from talking with the Australians, Brits, and the odd German. Anyway, stop on by our blog for pictures of UB and the countryside and thanks for sharing Tinian with us. http://welovesaipan-bigsoxfan.blogspot.com/