Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Oh my, what a day!

I was on my own today and I guess because it was raining, everyone decided to come to the hospital to be seen. I saw 40 patients today, which included follow up on a patient who had a heart attack 10 days ago (more in another post), a short surgical procedure, a joint injection, taking care of a critical patient with renal failure and transferring the patient to Saipan, two out-of-control diabetics, a breast lump, a breast abscess, three different staph skin lesions, and probably 10 new pinkeye patients! Not to mention that we're having a variety of viral syndromes here . . . kids with high fever and nausea and vomiting while adults have high fever and muscle aches. What a great place to practice medicine.

But on the bright side, Wednesday is BABY DAY! I love Wednesdays. Next week, I will take pictures of my favorite patients and post them. You see on Wednesdays, since we don't make appointments, all my pediatric well baby/child checks are done. They do make beautiful babies on this island, and there are a lot of them. More on this part of my day next week . . .

All in all, I survived and even had all my charts done by quitting time today. There hasn't been a day, though, that has gone by that I haven't seen something new and truly interesting, so keep checking the blog, and I'll try to share some of them with you.

No comments: